View Single Post
Old Jun 27th, 2018, 14:28   #17
Miyo360

Hi,

I am trying to install a dashcam into my XC60 (MY15). When I bought the car there was a hardwired mini-USB cable running between the windscreen and ceiling then down the A pillar.

The dashcam I bought used a micro-USB, so I wanted to swap the cables out (rather than buy a mini-micro converter).

I removed the A pillar trim and followed the cable to discover it goes behind the glove box/side dash-trim somewhere, then onto the passenger footwell fuse box.

Below is a photo showing the top and bottom of the cable (indicated by red arrows) but not sure how it goes behind the glove box.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkiuiv4c7r7kh7w/IMG_1697.JPG

I suspect if I remove either/or the glove box or side panel I'll see where the cable is routed. The glove box seems straight forward, but if I need to remove the side panel, can anyone provide tips on how this is done? The side panel I'm referring to is the one with the passenger airbag override.

Also, the dashcam has a parking sensor, so I need to mainain power when the ignition is off, which is currently not the case. Which fuse number should I move it to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.
Miyo360 is offline   Reply With Quote