View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:01   #2
SignumGB
XC70 Owner/VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsouth9 View Post
Hi I am new to Volvo and the forum so please bare with... Have purchased a model 2019 V60 ex demonstrator... Was looking at the polestar engine upgrade and wondered if anyone had it... or was it worth it in terms of performance and fuel performance? Seems a high price to pay which you might not see in terms of fuel saving? Any advise or comments welcome
Got Polestar done 2 weeks ago on a D4 XC70 manual. It's refined the car and a more enjoyable drive. Thanks to some forum member here, I was spurned on to find a better deal and shop around. Got it for £675. However, others have found it for much cheaper, albeit was too far away from me for a cost/time benefit.

I could have got a much cheaper performance enhancement from a third party, but that would have invalidated my Volvo Selekt warranty. Plus, if you take your Volvo into a dealer and get any software updates from Volvo as part of a service, it will wipe your third party mod. With Polestar, that doesnt happen. For the above reasons, thats why I was happy to pay for Polestar.

2012 Volvo XC70 3.0L AWD T6 [CAN🍁]
2015 Volvo XC70 2.4L AWD D4 SE LUX - Sold 78,728 Miles (July 2023) [GB]
2012 Volvo XC70 2.4L AWD D3 SE LUX - Written off 76,500 Miles (Aug 2017)[GB]
SignumGB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SignumGB For This Useful Post: