View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:43   #4
volvocat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignumGB View Post
Got Polestar done 2 weeks ago on a D4 XC70 manual. It's refined the car and a more enjoyable drive. Thanks to some forum member here, I was spurned on to find a better deal and shop around. Got it for £675. However, others have found it for much cheaper, albeit was too far away from me for a cost/time benefit.

I could have got a much cheaper performance enhancement from a third party, but that would have invalidated my Volvo Selekt warranty. Plus, if you take your Volvo into a dealer and get any software updates from Volvo as part of a service, it will wipe your third party mod. With Polestar, that doesnt happen. For the above reasons, thats why I was happy to pay for Polestar.
Agree with all the above.
As you’ll see from my Volvo history, I’ve found P* very worthwhile, both with 5-cyl. engines and newer 4-cyl.
It can seem a little pricey and on paper the figures don’t always look particularly impressive, but it’s more about refinement and usability - and mid-range punch is noticeably better.
Don’t expect to save on fuel. Although they say that economy is unaffected, that’s just in normal use - but the extra performance can encourage your right foot to put on weight, which will have an effect!
There’s rarely any need to pay full price as there are official offers from time to time and sometimes you can get a discount simply by asking, but that depends entirely on dealership attitude - e.g. you’ve just bought a nearly new car, so maybe they’ll want to keep their new customer happy...? Good luck!
volvocat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvocat For This Useful Post: