View Single Post
Old Mar 11th, 2021, 23:27   #16
mike v40

Hi,

I'll be back with some news, good on the one hand and bad on the other.
I did the firmware update one of the Dice to the old version following the indications of the Gatos and with all the caution the Dice bricked ... It has the firmware LED flashing red and, it is the only LED flashing, all others are off, and I can't reflash!
This is the bad news !!

The good news is that some progress may have been made in my opinion based on some research I did on the net to understand this abnormality with the Chinese Dices that affect the S40 / V40 family, with the problem of not accessing the ECU.

One point to keep in mind, and as it was very well explained by Gatos is that when updating the firmware, Vida has to be completely turned off, as they communicate with each other and I think that VIDA sends periodic messages to the unit, like "are you still there?", and that stops the flashing and speeds up the unit ...

And then, a question that is also very pertinent, is that possibly this firmware, that is 5.6.1, is only updated by the native windows XP Pro SP3 and not through other operating systems like Windows 7 and of course, it is more complicated in virtual systems like virtualbox or others, which work in the background.

Gatos have you always used Windows XP Pro when you use Vida Dice, or have you ever used another operating system?

Gatos I wanted to thank you for helping me. Thank you so much for your assistance.

Cheers,

Mike
mike v40 is offline   Reply With Quote