View Single Post
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 08:16   #4
BUDFORCE

Hi all.

So I thought I'd post a follow up post. I do Google search these forums so hopefully the information here might help others.

So a month or so later, I had pulled the fuse for the alarm system and the alarm did stop going off.

Yesterday morning taking my son to nursery I got a warning that the bonnet was open (it definitely wasn't), so after some reading I found the connector for the bonnet sensor, this is the driver side (UK car) and adjacent to the driver side headlight unit, the wires actually spur off from the loom if wires that go to the headlight, which should make it easy to find.

I shorted the car side of this connector and taped it back up. That is tricking the computer to thinking the bonnet is closed and the warning has gone.

I have now also replaced the alarm fuse and so far the alarm hasn't gone off again so I am reasonably confident it was the bonnet sensor playing up and setting it off.

I appreciate my "fix" is a bit of a bodge, my bonnet sensor will no longer tell me if my bonnet is open, but every other car I've owned so far didn't have such thing so I'm sure I'll manage.

I did try and dose the bonnet sensor area in WD40, but it didn't work, the sensor itself it not that easy to access without having to remove bits.

I probably will at done point try to dig it out and see if I can either fix it or replace it, but for the time being I am satisfied my issues are resolved.

Maybe this will help someone.
BUDFORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BUDFORCE For This Useful Post: