View Single Post
Old Jun 2nd, 2022, 11:57   #30
TaffyJerseyBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
You have to be very careful regarding claims on gear changes etc as what you are discussing is SPA cars. I own a non SPA cars and accordingly I have no modes etc in mine, it’s simply drive. I spoke/emailed to Polstar and there is a disclaimer that earlier models don’t benifit from this. When I overviewed it with Polstar mine would have increased torque and power (not a great deal I may add) however it would not alter shift patterns etc.

I think polestar on SPA cars seems to be a whole car driving experience. And their are also modes pre SPA such as the D3 that is taken from 150BHP to 180BHP (significant) but on my 200BHP mode the power increased is 10 and the torque is little.

All Polestar optimisations are not equal.
Thanks for the advice but I don’t have to be careful at all. I’m not “claiming” anything. I’m sharing my experience with the upgrade on my car.

If you look at my signature its clear which model I own. My Polestar optimisation is specific to that car. There is also a website (mentioned at length on here) that sets out exactly what the upgrade does to any specific model where it is available.

If there’s anyone on here daft enough to spend £700 of their hard earned money based purely on my post and blind assumption without proper research then they need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Last edited by TaffyJerseyBean; Jun 2nd, 2022 at 12:03.
TaffyJerseyBean is offline   Reply With Quote