Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Nov 28th, 2021, 11:54   #1358
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Maybe but there's enough in the image to strongly suggest the bolster is shot to bits!

If you look at the shape of the backrest on the outer edge as it goes towards the seat base and compare it to the other side, you can see the line of the seat is splaying outwards away from the interior. This usually happens when the bolster on both the backrest and cushion is just about shot to bits. He managed a complete shot of the rear seats - why not the fronts?

The fact there is something missing leads us to suspect the worst, if it's not that bad why not include it?

The car itself is either a spares mule or a brave restoration, if being restored then the engine, box and preferably back axle would need a rebuild as i daresay most of the parts from it would if it becomes a spares mule.

If bought as a resto, the cost would make it prohibitive to do as a profit making exercise. As a spares mule, the seats aren't good enough to sell for good money, the oily bits are going to be well past their sell-by date which doesn't leave much. Either way i see it as a £3-500 car at best with the option to purchase an engine that will need the specific injection loom to fit as well as the injectors, ECU, injector ballast resistor and so on. It will also need an electronic speed sensor or will suffer from raised idle speed problems. The turbo engine offered with it is only ~30bhp more than what's in it already so probably not worth the work to convert it for the sake of ~25% power increase against losing the originality.
I rather hope it doesn't sell to someone unsuspecting, then we have a new member to the forum wanting to know how to repair all the rust at the back, rebuild the gearbox, axle, suspension and brakes, fit a turbo motor... in a few months time. That has happened several times previously :-)

Last edited by Othen; Nov 28th, 2021 at 12:00.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: