View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2023, 16:43   #58
Steve 940
Premier Member

Default First Test Run Out, no tow rope required👍👍

Well after a few weeks of ownership a dry day at last, so decided to give old Margo her first test run on the road.

Fuel gauge had been registering full when I had started her up each week, but I’m pretty sure the prior owner didn’t top her up on sale. 10 litres of finest e5 Shell Super should be enough for a run out.

Well I knew the engine wasn’t running the smoothest, and still the same even after a few miles run, however starts first turn with the choke around half way out. Oil looking good, clean and to level, coolant topped up as I know there’s a small leak on hoses to the matrix, heater on cold to limit losses.

Circular test route of circa 5 miles, so off we went with a notebook to list the faults. Worst fault is the auto box, it’s a 3 speed column change, but won’t change into top for some reason now?? Hopefully will just need cable adjustment….. after a few miles temp gauge showing just under midway, but fuel had no change. Strip speedo is fantastic old thing, and works, (I think) the indicator line I had assumed would be vertical, but it’s at a sort of 45 degree angle??

Limited myself to one lap to preserve my hearing😀 but overall a happy chap, yes, she’s one heavy old thing to steer when slow manoeuvring, but once rolling it’s fine.

Parts required list getting longer😀😀

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: