View Single Post
Old Jan 11th, 2024, 17:24   #23
Kimberley Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmansfield View Post
Random problems = electrical fault.
These comments are all very interesting. I have a 2006 V50 1.8 petrol (a Ford engine?). I rebuilt the engine (rings and bearings) at 120k miles as an alternative to scrapping it because of disastrous emissions. The rings were solid in the grooves.
Anyway, all has been well for about four years then occassional misfires started to pop up. These got worse to the point where I struggle to maintain road speed. The immediate diagnosis would be fuel blockage; however if I depress the clutch the engine will rev perfectly; but with the tacho sitting at zero, all warning lights on and a "skid control problem" error message. Supply to such things as heated seats go out at the same time. Having depressed the clutch and revved the engine it will often recover and drive as normal. I suspected the passenger footwell "fusebox" (which seems to have more hardware than the average computer) and have cleaned all connections. Diagnosis checking volts at various points has failed to identify any supply to that fuse box being lost.
The way in which it responds to the throttle blipping with the clutch depressed is making me wonder about the throttle body itself.
Any suggestions will be welcomed please.
Many thanks. Kim.
Kimberley Smith is offline   Reply With Quote