View Single Post
Old Oct 1st, 2017, 22:34   #9
Georgeaa

Whilst not exactly the same, a similar thing has happened to me. The difference being that the complete shutdown occurs after I stop the car and turn off the engine. The first time it happened I noticed the display trying to display a number of messages with an associated audible warning whilst I was driving, but nothing was displayed in the message centre. After I got home, I turned off the engine, then the complete electrical shutdown. I got out of the car, and on shutting the door the car powered up and rebooted. After resetting the parking break (not fully released) and a message about the Child locks being disabled, everything was fine the following morning, but I did take the car straight to Volvo to diagnose. They sent the information to Volvo HQ as the master technician wasn’t clear on what he was seeing.
It has happened again since, again after stopping the engine and again the car came back to life after opening and closing the driver’s door.
I’m still waiting to hear from Volvo on their diagnosis, but in the meantime, based on the observation that this seemed to occur after the last app updates, and coupled with the fact the Sensus system was noticeable slower and misbehaving, I did a factory reset.
After setting up my profile again, the problem hasn’t returned, and Sensus is much more responsive. Whilst this doesn’t necessarily mean that this is fixed, for now everything on my XC90 is working fine.
My XC90 delivered in June is a R-Design Pro D5
Georgeaa is offline   Reply With Quote