View Single Post
Old Jul 20th, 2020, 21:56   #20
37 RUBY
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkendViper View Post
Well i'm quite lucky on my van,
MIRO of 1025kg and MTPLM of 1300kg leaving me with a 275kg payload. This was factory weight for the van.
Our previous Elddis van when taken to the weighbridge empty apart from battery and gas bottle after collection from dealer was 80kg over the MIRO.
Bear in mind that MIRO is gas bottle, battery, EHU cable, water system full to capacity, waste and water containers, spare wheel etc, basically all it leaves the factory with.

Unless you have weighed your caravan you shouldn't base your calculations on the plated MIRO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkendViper View Post
I've been loooing into getting a reich weight control that you drive over and measures each wheel but they seem to be rare now.
I have one of these. Bought it as a result of the over weight Elddis MIRO.

Good piece of kit. Needs to be on a nice flat surface for accurate consistent readings.

Just took delivery of an Adria. Without any water in the system, on the Reich scales it showed 9kg under the plated MIRO so quite pleased at that.

My mates think I'm sad for taking so much care with loading but it so much safer and easier to tow with a correctly laden caravan.
37 RUBY is offline   Reply With Quote