Thread: General - C30 DPF limp mode.
View Single Post
Old Jan 28th, 2015, 02:28   #1
ChristianGM

Unhappy C30 DPF limp mode.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum (literally just joined to seek advice although i have viewed some of the threads in the past, so apologies for this essay of a post and if it is in the wrong part of the page!).

I have a 2010 C30 1.6 R-Design. It's always been great but over the past 6 months or so it's kept going into limp mode out of the blue. I have almost Zero knowledge about engines and the technical likes but apparently its something to do with the DPF.
A friend who has a local garage has been temporarily repairing the problem for free ( i.e. getting limp mode to sod-off by apparently regenerating the DPF) but usually after 2-3 weeks it pops back and it's seriously frustrating me! It's now been in 5 times for this and my friend at the garage said we'll just keep doing this until i've graduated Uni and start working so that i can afford a new DPF (only 4 months away). Although i know limp mode pops up for a reason and it should be addressed pretty much immediately i've been pushing my luck and putting up with it for weeks at a time before putting it in to the garage and i was wondering if there's any suggestions that may help the problem or maybe take it out of limp mode for a while! I have desperately scoured forums for a while now looking for a quick-fix but been unable to find anything, i have also removed the battery for a few hours but limp mode was still swinging when i connected it all back up!
Does anyone know what may be causing it and if there is anything i can do to fight off limp-mode until i can get a new DPF?
ChristianGM is offline   Reply With Quote