View Single Post
Old Jun 4th, 2019, 18:43   #2
Triple-S
How Old?

Phew! Firstly I guess you ought to get your manual unpacked pdq so you can perhaps glean some answers to your problems. All I can suggest for a) is maybe the cable has some slack in it, or it needs adjusting. I've heard both sides of the alternative re b): my friend always depresses the clutch on her Amazon, whereas I never do on my 164 unless wanting the revs for gradient-climbing. For c) my washer pump wasn't working last week - after really abrading the terminals they worked again. I've never used lead additive on any of my classic Volvo's: we found accurate timing to prevent pinking was more important. As I presume you have a viscous fan on the waterpump your best hope is by removing the plugs and using a socket on the crankshaft pulley nut. Running clocks seem rare nowadays - still haven't got mine going. Apparently one uses a thinner oil in a gearbox when in incorporates overdrive - your book should say.
When I next visit my place where my spares-car sits I'll check lights etc, but that is a saloon not an estate. I've also been told the alloy grill sits a fraction lower when fitted to a later car, so the gap under the bonnet becomes visible. Similarly the fixings may differ: I only have early cars so don't know how late ones are secured. Maybe some drilling needed and making some pegs to stop it flapping a bit like that on a friend's car!

Paul
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote