View Single Post
Old Jul 10th, 2016, 14:23   #28
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltan View Post
My car goes in tomorrow to have the factory original windscreen resealed. The leak is very small, only occasionally in wet weather has water run down the inside of the screen. If I slide a piece of kitchen towel up under the lip of the head lining after it has been raining it only sometimes gets wet.

I emailed Volvo customer services who were not very supportive and did not offer to contribute despite being asked, if the screen should break while being removed, which my dealer thinks is very likely. Volvo simply claimed that my dealer has the correct instructions for removing the screen and there should be no problem.

My car has just past 5 years and has a new Volvo extensive care warranty which sadly is not extensive enough! So I could be £500+ out of pocket for what appears to be a manufacturing fault. This could have been leaking from new but only now become evident. Needless to say, I am not impressed and this has tainted the ownership which until now has been a very pleasing experience.
Volvo are correct in saying there should be no problem removing the screen. The dealer is wrong. Are they looking to make more profit?

I'd find someone who is confident in their ability to remove and replace the screen.

Roy