Thread: C40 Recharge
View Single Post
Old Mar 4th, 2021, 17:02   #20
george57l
George

My V70s and XC70 had/have saloon-like dynamics and handling. They both also had/have SUV-like space for dogs/kids/camping/work. If that's what owners want, the V70 form-factor delivers it. Current shapes may be more aerodynamic, but basically I suspect fashion and style take more precedence than utility these days.

Maybe wardrobe and washing machine removal are old hat these days but I merely used them as examples of large cubic things. My regular trips abroad (pre-covid) saw the back loaded with many storage boxes, often right up to the back/top. The whole point of a well-designed estate (like 200s and 850/V70s) was capability and capacity. Those have been compromised in latest designs. You may think the compromise trivial or irrelevant - I do not.

I'm not going to continue this any more - you can try as much as you like but you will not persuade me that today's Volvo estates are fit for my purposes. There was no need to move away from the V70 form factor and when they did, they didn't bother to think what they were taking away. The level load area being one of the critical deal-breakers for me.

You clearly don't have the same requirements or concerns. That's fine.

Bye-bye.
george57l is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to george57l For This Useful Post: