Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Oct 15th, 2021, 14:11   #1139
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan 244 View Post
So here is my take on the awful glt! As said it has scorpious alloys from a torslanda, not Virgo from a glt
So interiors, plush upholstery was an option instead of the usually standard leather, I have only ever seen that in blue though, so beige is slightly strange. The car has a leather gearstick gater, so that is from a glt for definite. All others were black rubber. I don’t think the boot has grey trim, as far as I know any sort of grey interior in a 240 was only in my1984. I think it’s faded badly beige. In terms of if this glt had leather it would only have been black or beige, only two options, no grey leather in any 240.
The roof bars are an awful add on, and would have come from an early estate as around 88 on would be black, and glt didn’t have them anyway.
The side body trims are mixed black and chrome, so also changed as originals would have been black. Same with boot hinges and the little corner trims at the rear corners of the roof. So yes it’s been really messed with!
As someone else said, I wouldn’t be surprised if it got to the breaking state, some of the more sort after black trims and leather went, and a gl has been found to provide the missing bits to get it going again.
It now says provisionally sold, torslanda to come! Be interesting to see if that has virgo wheels lol!

It's back on the market chaps. Let's see this time!
Moomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post: