View Single Post
Old Oct 15th, 2021, 15:09   #1140
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Isn't this just what you are looking for:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194384085....c101110.m1982

... 1987 (so only 7 years to becoming an historic vehicle if that interests you), GLT, 126,000 miles, has been recommissioned (quite well according to the write up), a couple of small jobs to do (you will need something to do on a 30-odd year old motor car), well under 5 grand. It looks really nice... I can't see much not to like.

Alan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I remember you saying there was something you didn't quite like about this motor car, and your instincts were dead right. Well done, and well done to Alf as well for spotting the anomaly about the interior.

Good fortune.

:-)

PS. I'm happy to concede I was a bit wrong about this car - it is hiding a few secrets that I didn't spot.
... people might remember discussing this one some few days ago, and concluding it was a mish-mash of bits and not very original GTL at all. Well, in the meantime the eBay ad was marked as sold, but strangely it was not taken down - I had a feeling we had not seen the last of it.

Now the seller claims the motor car was sold to his brother, who now suddenly cannot afford it (sounds like there is little brotherly love there - of perhaps it was just a **** and bull story all along).

I'm not sure about the seller's motive, but this episode would just come across as daft to a prospective buyer. It sounds like the seller is trying to drum up a bit of interest. Ho hum... not such a good motor car.

Alan