Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I had a spare minute so I looked up the MoT history for A745XAM
VOLVO 240

Colour Brown
Fuel type Petrol
Date registered 1 January 1984
MOT expired on 30 September 2019

... so it has been off the road for 2 years. There is also a 10 year gap when the motor car was VOR from 2006 to 2016. It looks like the motor car has probably been sitting on the current owner's drive since he/she bought it in about 2016 as it has only been MoT tested once in that time.

I rather suspect the current owner bought it cheaply as a barn find or similar in 2016, got it through the MoT and has since parked it on the drive waiting for it to appreciate. Perhaps he/she intended to wait until it qualified for historic car status but got bored and couldn't wait another 4 years? Perhaps the ULEZ has made it impractical to keep now?

Anyway, there is a bit more to this than meets the eye, and it is not very good news. Is the motor car worth £5,000? Of course not - £2,500 would be fair.

Alan

PS. Date of last V5C (logbook) issued 10 February 2017
I know a little bit about this, it was for sale last year for £3500 if I recall correctly. I have some correspondence with the owner who I think is still the same owner.
So as I understand it the first owner died after having the car for two years. It was then stored by his daughter for a further 10 years. He then talked of long periods of no use, no mot until an enthusiastic bought it in 2017 as a non runner and recommissioned it, he bought it in 2018, and it had mot, but when it ran out he still uses it without it being mot’d, so it’s still in use but without mot! It is apparently fairly mint, with a little rust, but not on any of the brown paintwork, which looking at the latest pics it’s on the black wheel well or well on opposite side. It has a couple of bird poo marks on roof. I would say it’s probably worth 3k or close to what he was asking last year, but not the 5k now!
dan 244 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dan 244 For This Useful Post: