View Single Post
Old Feb 22nd, 2019, 18:21   #10
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100K+ View Post
Think I have read somewhere that the parts are the bits that are fitted to police spec D5's.

I recently have done a service on my D5. I found the techy dipstick along while ago, but have never been able to get the thing out. On this last service I re-visited trying to get it out - even fitted a couple of stubby screw drivers to the "legs" on the TD just to be 100% sure they were not stopping the TD being withdrawn.
I wrapped thick cord through the plastic loop several times so I could give a good pull. - Nadda - Zilch - Nothing...except the car raised up on the suspension. It can't be that tight can it? If I lifted any harder the plastic loop in the TD would have snapped. I took precautions by wrapping the cord several times around the loop so the loop would not be point loaded.

I ask cos several peps had done this mod, which means they have removed the TD.

Wot am I not doing, or doing wrong.

Cheers
Bob
Doing nothing wrong it's just stuck. It pulls out vertically and is sealed with an O ring.
Once out the full sized one pushes in and is again sealed with an O ring..

There is nothing but the O ring keeping the technicians dipstick in, can you try twisting it to break the seal before pulling? A lot of garages do not use the Technitians dip stick as they fill with a measured amount. A lot of owners don't even know it's there as they use the dash gauge. Some penetrating oil and an adjustable spanner would be my next move.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post: