View Single Post
Old Mar 6th, 2024, 00:07   #15
Kev0607
Premier Member

Yep. With the fluid being changed so recently, I'm dubious of what fluid they used too.

Normally when there's issues with transmission's, you question when it was last serviced and if the software has been updated. That's not the case here, the fluid was only changed 3k ago and software has been updated (as far as the original poster knows).

It could be purely coincidental that it started acting up so soon after a fluid change, as in it might not be the fluid, it could be something else not related to that fluid change. Although, you can't rule out wrong fluid being used... it can happen, very easily. Wrong fluid can cause all sorts of problems and sometimes the damage is already done.

You can put JWS3324/AW-1 in a transmission that takes JWS3309, but you can't put JWS3309 in a transmission that takes JWS3324 or AW-1. Wrong fluid in these transmission's doesn't do any good.

I hope the OP resolves the issue and its not going to be too costly. I'd be inclined to check the paperwork from the previous transmission service to see what's listed on it (if there is a copy... garage will have it anyway). Hopefully they put the spec of fluid that they used on there. If its down as JWS3309, its the wrong fluid and could have caused damage.

So, its either;

-Wrong trans fluid used, leading to trans problems
-Correct fluid used and something else is wrong, like a valve body. It just happened to be close to when it was last serviced.

Last edited by Kev0607; Mar 6th, 2024 at 00:17.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote