View Single Post
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 15:08   #62
madant

Exclamation V70 Towing quries

After consulting the caravan Club technical dept I was advised/informed the 2005 V70 D5 has a towing limit of 1800kgs. But the kerbside weight is only 1710kgs so obtaining 85% is 1453kgs. My new caravan is 1600 kgs fully laden All this technical !!! is also doing my head in and I possibly like many others would like to get things straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlev70r View Post
Similar problem with V70 2009 MY09

and the official responce as I complained and tried to return the car a week after i recieved it was its a brochure misprint and they will not allow a return

It came to notice when I collected my car i noticed the towbar I ordered and paid for was not fitted and I had to return a week later and believed this was because they were pushed for time as the new reg had just turned

The new towbar had a plate fitted to it giving max wieghts that hugely differed to the booklet ( max towable weight was 2000Kg)

when checked it was advised the V70 shouldnt tow anything over 1200Kg max and not the 1550kg the brochures etc said

so caravan has stood this year and im currently trying to sue Volvo for misleading me

Not looking very good so far im afraid despite trading standards informing them of the consumer laws of UK Volvo are adamant there terms and conditions disclaim all UK law
i kid you not I have the letters from Volvo UK here

I did recieve a voucher though for £250 not bad for 33K car we cant use
madant is offline   Reply With Quote