View Single Post
Old Nov 12th, 2019, 17:17   #9
GavinO

Default A couple of other things

I just removed my dash using this really good series of pictures. I didn't do it in quite the same order, but that's neither here nor there. My car is a . I found that two additional tasks were necessary on my car (2003 S40 1.8 GDI):

1. The loom from the dash has four connectors to the fusebox next to the CEM. They're difficult to get at. I removed the CEM (2 screws), undid the 2 nuts holding the adjacent white plastic relay tray (to get a bit more room) and then detached the lower fusebox bracket from the body (2 screws), which enables the fusebox to be pulled down and out just enough to get at the connectors. The connectors can then be released and threaded through the diagonal bracket just above the bonnet release. There are a couple of securing clips holding the cable in place that also need to be detached.

2. The passenger airbag wiring needs to be disconnected. The easiest way of doing this is to disconnect the orange connector clipped to the left hand side of the space behind the heater control panel.

Hope this helps someone!
GavinO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GavinO For This Useful Post: