View Single Post
Old Mar 7th, 2020, 14:04   #12872
bimmer49
Always listen & learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer49 View Post
Well it's the annual test time, ITV.
The SRS light has been on for ages (it usually is when someone sits in the passenger seat) but my Foxwell 630 will turn it out. WRONG! Same old Intermittent fault with SIPS bag connection. PLUS SRS unit permanent fault! Oh no! Tried several times to erase the codes but no good.
Replaced it with the old unit, only the Intermittent fault showing but it will not put it out!
Checked connections to no avail.
Taking it for test to see if it fails on anything else in the morning. It's difficult to get tests here at the moment but a retest is no problem.

OK ladies and gents: Car failed on Air bag light illumination and accelerated revs (3000rpm) high CO level (60), I also noted a fluctuating lambda figure 1.010 to 1.023.

I checked continuity from the SIPS (B post) and seat (underneath seat) airbag plugs back to the SRS plug. All OK. I tried to erase codes with the SRS module resting in the middle. I noticed the tick tick tick had gone from the red flashy light until I earthed out the STS module. I cleaned the mount bolt holes and refitted the unit. I then scanned the unit and 2 faults as per usual listed. I did a quick erase and hey presto they were gone! I did it 3 times and even sat in the passenger seat bouncing up and down, the light stayed OFF!

Now comes the tecky question about the emissions. I'm none to good on petrols

On "Live" data I see that the Oxygen sensor output voltage on Bank 1 Sender 1 is ranging from 0.260 - 1.275V where as Bank 1 Sensor 2 is a steady 1.275V. Is this the cause of my fluctuating CO and Lambda emissions?

Now I haven't cleaned the MAF. Would it be a contributory factor?

Any guidance helpful. I will repost this on the "Electrics" thread too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bimmer49 For This Useful Post: