Thread: Some advice
View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 12:10   #4
shoppy

The dealer arranged for the tints through a local company for me to pay them. At the moment company has invoiced the dealer. The guy can remove the tints but as he said the rear windscreen will be damaged. I have taken it to 4 reputable companies and they have all said the same they can make good the work except for the rear window. None of them will guarantee it. They are happy to try and do the best they can.

Only way to resolve it is to order a new rear glass which I don’t believe is laminated like the side windows from Volvo.

I am tempted to just order the R design rear windscreen which is tinted by default and have it installed on my inscription.

It’s a lovely car but I know it will bug the hell out of me. The window fitted factory original through auto glass will cost me £760 and take a week to arrive from Sweden.

I am preempting having to pay the £760 and put it down to lesson learnt. In future use people I trust to tint rather than the dealers recommended. Shame really as Poole Volvo did a great job.

Last edited by shoppy; Jan 16th, 2020 at 12:13.
shoppy is offline   Reply With Quote