View Single Post
Old Nov 9th, 2018, 18:22   #5
Peter86
Pete

I would have thought buying through a dealership you should have some sort of warranty.
You could ask them to send it volvo to be fixed but either make them take it or in writing advise you to take and they promise to pay any costs back.
If they don't you could contact their head office informing of the problems you have, the poor customer service you received and lack of warranty if they say you don't have one.
There are many things legally you could take as you bought the car in good faith that it was in full working order and obviously wasn't.
If its on finance you could contact the finance company to act on your behalf or if you paid a deposit or anything on card you could contact the card company about your problems and they can argue you case should the dealer not want to help.
If possible make contact via recorded delivery letter or email then you have some proof of what's going on and with who.
Always avoid paying out until a last resort.

I have had two dealing with non volvo garages, their head offices were always more helpful and one of them even phoned the garage before we went in to tell them to expect us and sort the issue we had out.
When the other garage didn't want to honour the warranty work on my current V70 saying it was wear and tear on a used car etc etc. their head office sent me the cheques for the work done at Volvo (that was the quickest way for me as my car was used for work).

Best of luck. Please keep us updated, it's nice to know if people get sorted and what the problem was.

Pete

2011 V70 D5 [215] Rdesign - currently owned.

Peter86 is offline   Reply With Quote