Thread: XC90 v XC60
View Single Post
Old Jun 17th, 2019, 12:24   #26
soupytwister
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
I guess we all need to stop being blind. I bought a Volvo yes i did. Just like i bought other brands in the past, such as Citroen, Volkswagen, Audi, BMW and Merc. And now Volvo. I like the new design language Volvo adopted, i think they have overall good cars, safe cars, well built but not yet a premium car brand like the German ones. Let's face it. Maybe in some years due to the evolution factor that the Swedish brand has been having lately, with big investments from its top investor and chinese owner Geely (let's not all forget that Volvo was declining pretty much when Ford owned it. Some might think it was long time ago but it wasn't, as a matter of fact it was 9 years ago when Geely group acquired Volvo from Ford), Volvo will be in the top three but it's not there yet. XC90 is for all of us i guess, 'the better car' money can buy in the Volvo lineup from its entire range. I personally like the XC90. But let's be honest... better than the new X5? Are you kidding me?? Better than the Q8?? Really?? I won't even write Porsche in here or Mercedes top of the range. I mean Suvs. That's what XC90 is. The Volvo SUV top of the range. I wouldn't even think twice if someone would come to me and offer me the new X5 over the new facelifted XC90 MY20. Maybe in the future i might say the opposite. But for now and given the distance that still exists between German premium brands and Volvo in terms of a lot of issues, like software at the top, but not only, i would choose for sure in this specific situation i gave, the X5. My opinion and that's all. Sometimes i think some people are delusional and don't accept things as they are, don't accept reality and live in their own bubble in their own creations and fantasies.
Not sure if all of that was aimed at my comments, but I only said about the styling in comparison to X5/Q7. Not the engineering/quality/reliability etc. Never driven an X5 or Q7 so can't pass comment.

My other car is a Hyundai i30, so not got any badge snobbery or bubbles Safe to say I've had 2 of those now though and tough as nails. Zero problems with either.
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soupytwister For This Useful Post: