View Single Post
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 17:08   #15
SalvadorP
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rversteeg View Post
Yes, the emissions for the type approval would have been determined by the predecessor of this WLTP test, the NEDC. I cannot imagine that the test they have done on your Volvo will give the same results as the NEDC test would give, as they would need to go through exactly the same cycle within specific environmental conditions (temperature, humidity). Apperantly the results from your test is much higher than when the NEDC would have been followed. This would surely not include 300 kph with I guess maximum throttle and subsequent very high emission as the ECU will enrich the mixture under full load.
Sure, a test like this would always differ from the type approval test. It's just that the guy was surprised the difference wasn't that much. In his experience, cars of this age and milleage have at least double the original g/km. I guess that includes the age of the car and the fact that the test is much less precise obviously. Nobody was expecting it to be 244g/km even if the car was brand new.

I must admit I was lying, my car doesn't really do 300km/h. It barely does 280...