View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2015, 11:52   #44
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Unfortunately in this world having a major car manufacturers sign over the door is no guarantee of good, honest service.

A few years ago I had a Jaguar X-Type company car and it always went to the Jaguar main dealer for servicing as it was included in the lease deal.

On it's third service I asked that all the wiper blades were replaced as they were the originals and were smearing, but the lease company wouldn't authorise it. I sent them a stroppy e-mail and their reply was that they had already been replaced twice - the dealer had invoiced the lease company for them on the last two services (and they forwarded me one invoice) but they had not been replaced.

And then to two weeks later I got called into HR to ask why I hadn't reported accident damage to my car - the Jag main dealer had invoiced the lease company for a new passenger door mirror assembly "as it was hanging off" and a new engine undertray as it was "insecure due to repeated grounding". Niether of which were true, and niether part had been repalced. I'm not sure what the final outcome was but we refused to pay the near £800 to the lease company and I never went to that dealer again.

Having worked in the retail motor trade previously I am sure that this is absolutely not the group policy but probably the fiddle of a dishonest after sales manager trying to hit his monthly bonus....
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote