View Single Post
Old Dec 8th, 2018, 22:43   #5
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-S View Post
Bearing in mind the high values put on Volvo 240 estates now, and the seemingly nil value of 740 estates, I'm just trying to judge if there will be any interest in my 2-owner 740 estate after Christmas.
Yes, but which Christmas is currently impossible to predict!

Slightly flippant answer admittedly but to serve the purpose of pointing out that at the moment, 7/9xx values are in the doldrums a bit, certainly compared to others.

Also like John suggested, well worth investing £55 in another MoT test, most people won't, unless they're desperate for transport, consider a car with a short MoT even if it is coming into the spring - they'll want to spend their spare time enjoying the better weather, painting the fence/shed/windows or whatever else they haven't been able to do over winter that desperately needs doing, not faffing about getting a car ready for MoT in the hope it will pass.
By putting a fresh MoT on it, you've removed that doubt.

As for the value, the 7/9xx will have its time and be worth a pretty penny, just not yet. Seen it happen with many makes and models, 20 years ago you couldn't give a Rover SD1 away, now they're regularly changing hands for £12k+++
I'm not suggesting the 7/9xx will command such prices, just pointing out one example - there are countless others that have increased in value.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: