View Single Post
Old Jun 14th, 2019, 13:33   #1
Puft

Default MY19 V60 with SRS Airbag Service Urgent error

I bought this as used Selekt a few weeks ago & within 24 hours had encountered the 'SRS Airbag Service Urgent - Drive to Workshop' warning. This pinged on 40-50% of the time on starting up.

A few days later, the cockpit had complete meltdown while driving in stop start traffic using Pilot assist - numerous warnings on, including Blind Spot Sensor service required, Park Assist System temporarily unavailable, ERS temporarily off and others. After a restart, these problems did not reappear but the SRS airbag warning persisted regularly.

Returned to dealer to investigate and strangely they could not replicate the error, even though for me it was showing around half the time I turned the car on. They said numerous error messages showed when they hooked up the computer which have now been cleared & they've performed a full software update and after some test drives all seems to be fixed.

I'm not convinced. Firstly, I thought one of the benefits of buying a Selekt was that they received a full SW upgrade prior to sale - give that was only 3 weeks ago I'm not sure how many patches could have been released in the meantime?!

I've made the mistake of googling this SRS issue and seems it quite common but difficult to solve. To me, doing a SW update when you haven't really identified root cause seems a bit wishy washy.

Hoping there is someone experienced on here who can put my mind at rest and confirm a SW upgrade will in fact have fixed this for good... and not just long enough for me to drive home

Thanks in advance.
Puft is offline   Reply With Quote