View Single Post
Old Mar 12th, 2021, 17:08   #34
YorkshireDave
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielpsmith View Post
Just another note I did hear that some d5 engines around our year did have soft lifters fitted so they didn’t last like others, I’m guessing ours were one of them,but not sure if it was true or not or we were unlucky.

But I’d maybe try and find a newer engine just in case, mine is coming out of a 10 plate but I would have looked after 2007 engine hope it helps.
I've, obvs, seen the same rumour Dan. Whichever year it is, I'm going to have the following done in order to head off known issues for as long as possible cos it'll never pay me back and I could not stitch anyone up. Anyway, the list is:

- lifters & rocker arms replaced
- a new swirl flap actuator arm (also modifying it so the darn thing can't break)
- cam belt
- aux belt
- breather pipe that goes over the engine with the internal waterway
- whole exhaust gas recirc (EGR, hoses & monifold etc) cleaned out

For all this money being spent it's cheaper to do it when it's out than in. God only knows how I'll pay for it. See myself standing on street corners of an evening for the next two hundred years. Hope they don't want refunds for poor performance

Still can't find it in my heart to forgive the heartless b4st4rd who passed it on knowing it had real problems. Let's just hope karma kicks in big time

all cars everywhere are a perpetual work in progress...
YorkshireDave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YorkshireDave For This Useful Post: