View Single Post
Old Mar 12th, 2021, 20:24   #36
sv70

That is an absolute bummer Dave, sorry to hear that, i think in your particular case you have been most unfortunate because i would say reading the forum there are many more people who have been able to fix their engine by replacing the lifters - [myself included] and i do qualify what i said to you previously in saying it's not an emergency job to get done immediately as i drove mine like that for 2 years and have read on the forum other people doing the same for more years than myself, so i think it's a big possibility that when you purchased it, it was left that long with faulty lifters that it was beyond redemption and the seller was lucky to sell it with terminal damage just in time for his own good. I don't want to beat you up about this when you've already been kicked in the balls but the thumping noise was missed on first inspection if it was noticed you could have either re-negotiated a reduced price to compensate for the works or just walked away, so it's either take someone with you on viewing a new purchase or like is said on here-do your homework to see the particular niggles of certain makes to be prepared.-by the way Mike at Huddersfield volvo breakers is worth a try for spares.
sv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sv70 For This Useful Post: