View Single Post
Old Apr 18th, 2023, 18:59   #7
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 View Post
..two other numbers, I think they are the paint batch number but could mean something else..[/IMG]
from the link Nick posted:

The fourth digit stands for:
1 = BASF (Glasurit)
2 = Herberts (STANDOX)
3 = Beckers
4 = IDAC/Dupont
5 = Sikkens
6, 7, and 9 = not used
8 = IVI

The fifth digit stands for:
1 = solvent based
2 = water based Metallic/Pearl + Varnish
3 = water based Solid + Varnish
4 = solvent based Solid + Varnish
5 = solvent based Pearl shine + Varnish*
6 = water based Solid/Metallic/Pearl + 2 component Varnish
7 = water based Solid/Metallic/Pearl + powder Varnish
8, 9 = not used

car looks lovely condition.. one very basic check if you don't have a proper fault reader, you can hold the button in on the end of the left stalk, press fogs on/off (twice?) and the little info screen will show each module and whether it is clear of faults (ready) or has a fault (set) when you keep pressing the stalk button

it's very vague and doesn't really tell you a lot but you can at least know to steer clear (or do further checks) if there's a lot of 'sets'

the PDM and DDM (door modules) on mine always show set because it seems the locks are a bit sensitive but they always work fine so I just ignore it

f you get any sets on ECM / TCM / BCM / CEM / REM / UEM definitely look into it further (although presumably anything really serious would be accompanied by a permanent message about engine service required, or similar)

looks and sounds pretty well maintained though so probably nothing untoward touch wood

-------------------------
mini project - link

Last edited by stuart bowes; Apr 18th, 2023 at 19:09.
stuart bowes is offline   Reply With Quote