View Single Post
Old Feb 15th, 2018, 19:54   #27
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard F View Post
Unless this was written tongue in cheek you are seriously wrong on both points and I suggest you refrain from using either.
Pilot Assist is for driving on Motorways and A roads with clear lane markings. You still need your full concentration but it assists you in so doing, keeps you away from the car in front, keeps you in lane and pre tensions the brakes before you can if an accident seems imminent.
Lane keeping means you do the steering, not the car. Should your attention wander for any reason and you cross the white line it will alert you. Nothing more. Please take the time to read the manual regarding all the safety Features for your own safety and that of other road users. Thank you.
I think you are being somewhat unfair. I quote from Clan's original post:
You should be driving 100% off the time using your own skills and concentration not relying on something which assists you when you are no longer in control

Seems pretty clear to me what he's saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard F View Post
...you are seriously wrong on both points and I suggest you refrain from using either.

Please take the time to read the manual regarding all the safety Features for your own safety and that of other road users. Thank you.
Also, I don't think this forum is an appropriate place to lecture anyone about what they should or shouldn't be doing. Inform by all means but do it in an appropriate way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post: