Thread: Engine: T5/R - Stolen cat
View Single Post
Old Apr 21st, 2021, 07:52   #12
turboboy
Master Member

Default Stolen Cat

Unfortunately this goes on because some scrap metal places do not care where the metal comes from. I thought that they were all supposed to be licensed now and monitored but that appears to be not the case.

I was looking for the opening time of our local Sainsbury's this morning and noticed that one review for the store in November was from someone having their cat. stolen while shopping. They said that despite notices in the car park, the security cameras were not working.

Where I worked (nearby) a couple of years ago, one of our sales managers had the cat. stolen from his Honda in the middle of the day. They parked in front of his car in the staff car park and were in and out in minutes. The ironic thing was that one of the sales office staff was returning from lunch and wandered over to them and was told "No problem mate, we've got it sorted now."

They were gone in minutes and it was all captured on CCTV from two cameras. Don't know what happened in the end as I left the company shortly after, but presume these scroats are still unidentified and in business!

Current: 1998 Volvo V70 2.3 T5 Auto.

Previous: 2000 Volvo V40 T4; 1981/2 265 (x2); 1988 740 Turbo Estate.
turboboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turboboy For This Useful Post: