View Single Post
Old Jan 20th, 2017, 23:37   #13
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60Chris View Post
OK So I had a day off today and chased this up via Twitter with Volvo UK Customer Relations who replied pretty quickly and were very helpful. The directed me to the relevant department (Warranty Admin) and I spoke with a chap there who confirmed that Volvo DO offer a 2yr extension to the standard warranty which covers up to 100k miles or 5 years (whichever comes first) at a cost of £845.

So £254 cheaper than the third party dealer warranty that I had been offered.

Interestingly, the official Volvo warranty is administered by Car Care Plan - as is the dealer warranty - so it could be the same product with a dealer markup perhaps. Not sure.

I'll be taking the 'official' one for £845 though thats for sure. Slightly disappointed that I wasn't presented with both options by my dealer but i'll let them off as they are lending me a V90 Inscription tomorrow to play with purely out of interest in the car.
Does that cover everything the 3 year warranty does.