View Single Post
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 08:40   #4
Fat Magpie

Sadly from experience (a friends car) private car dealers will do anything to avoid costly repairs, this includes disabling sensors and hard resets (disconnecting the car battery for a few hrs) so that the error codes disappear for a week and then suddenly reappear. I would take the dealers word on these issues.

My guess - DTC - Diagnostic Trouble Code - they have disconnected an electrical connector to disable all the fault codes hence the DTC not activated.... Trading standards time perhaps, the mileage must be stratospheric for these various faults to be appearing. So maybe the vehicle has had a milage readjustment or clocking s it's known.
Email the seller to ask what DTC not activated means, get an email reply, not a telephone call, take it to the Volvo dealer who will tell you what they have disconnected then trading standards with the evidence of foul play.

EDIT: https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/a...hould%20I%20do
XC60 MY10 AWD D5 Summum 205 PS, Geartronic, Winter pack, Aux diesel heater, Xenons, Family pack, Tinted rears, Moonroof, Parking sensor F&R, Premium sound, Car phone, Reversing camera, Lane departure, Hill decent, Savile Grey.

Last edited by Fat Magpie; Feb 9th, 2019 at 10:21.
Fat Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote