View Single Post
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 20:55   #3
Suterman
240 Turbo

Default Details.

The gearbox is an M47 with a standard clutch

The plain metal bush that is in the back of the crank has been removed and replaced with a bearing (6202rs) from the b200f from the silver car the engine is being fitted to.

The standard coolant oil cooling oil filter adaptor has been ditched, there is not enough room for it. I am hoping to find an air/oil cooler from a BMW maybe? for now I will be breaking in the engine anyway so wont get the engine too hot (wont spool the turbo) I have a boost gauge and oil pressure gauge but I want to get an oil temp gauge too.

The oil return pipe is a 1"-7/8" JIC male-male adapter milled down so the 1" side fit snugly in the return pipe boss in the block it is then JB welded in place, screwed to that is a 45 degree bend 7/8" swaged fitting and a short length of hydraulic hose, the turbo end of the pipe is another 45 degree swaged 7/8" fitting screwed to a flange-7/8" male JIC thing I got from a company called function7 on ebay.

Here you can see the return pipe and lack of oil cooler.

Intercooler is from a late 940 (pipes are halfway down the sides) I had to cut the battery tray back a little in order to allow room for the pipe but there is still plenty of room for the battery. (pic to follow)

Ecus are from the engine doner car (1996 940) they just plug in.

Exhaust is the standard one, I will put a bracket on the downpipe in the nomal place at the bottom of the engine the join the downpipe up to the normal system for now. I need to cut a hole in it and weld the lambda sensor bung into place on the new downpipe.
1985 Bedford CF2 B230E

Last edited by Suterman; Dec 3rd, 2008 at 21:14.
Suterman is offline   Reply With Quote