View Single Post
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 08:48   #9
Suterman
240 Turbo

Default Ammendments

I cant edit the posts so this thread could get messy,

Mods feel free to edit my posts in this thread into one big post if you like and ammend these details

Fuel computer :

I mentioned I was using the 1996 ECU and ICU from the 940, the ICU works fine, but the ECU is immobilised and so will not run in the non immobiliser 240 loom. I am running the car on the b200f computer and it seems ok for now. NB, I would not recommend using this ecu as it is not designed for a boosted engine.

I am looking for a pre 93 (non immobilised) ecu, it may be possible to hack the immobilised ecu but need to work on that.

You'll need to ensure the rest of the car is in good shape before carrying out this job, good brakes and suspension and tyres are essential when increasing the power of a car to this degree. If there are any worn parts they will show up quickly once you put the extra stress on them and could be dangerous.

Make sure you inform the DVLA of the changes you have made. Do this quick if you plan to make this change as the laws are changing soon (in the coming few months) and you wont be allowed to swap engines about as easily anymore.

Inform your insurance company well in advance of the job as they may refuse to cover the car in non standard form, my insurance company (BUDGET) got all upset when I said I was canceling my policy and getting insurance with Adrian Flux and want to charge me a £100 admin fee to cancel the policy, however they are also unable to give me a quote for the insurance in time for me to want the car insured (in my eyes that means they cant/wont cover it)
1985 Bedford CF2 B230E
Suterman is offline   Reply With Quote