View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2022, 00:22   #1
freeatlast

Default D5 2008 v70 se lux

So I'm thinking of buying a 2008 D5 Geartronic V70 SE LUX with Winter Pack.

It currently has under 100k miles on it...

I do a regular trip that is about 350 miles every couple of weeks which is mainly motorway and would like something that is safe and comfortable.

I rented an EV but it's just not up to the job of doing lots of motorway miles (range is poor and charging it was a complete pain in the a**) so I'm hoping that this will be a good comfy cruiser...

So as a complete newbie to this (and someone who is not very mechanically minded) if it were your car what modifications (if any would you make)?

Would a remap be sensible?

What sort of tyres are recommended for this car - it's almost certainly going to come with a set of 'basic' boots on it so should I change them for something else?

Is the 2008 Sat Nav going to be cr*p and can it be brought up to date or should I buy a third party unit (TOM TOM etc)?

Should I have it serviced straight away? (I would at least like someone who knows their way around these cars to have a look to make sure that it's ok and point out anything that I should get sorted)

Where would be a good place in Kent / Sussex to take it?

Sorry for all of the questions but I think that this could be a great motorway mile muncher and I would like to get it sorted so its mechanically sound and handles as well as a big estate can reasonably handle...
freeatlast is offline   Reply With Quote