View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2022, 07:26   #2
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
So I'm thinking of buying a 2008 D5 Geartronic V70 SE LUX with Winter Pack.

It currently has under 100k miles on it...

I do a regular trip that is about 350 miles every couple of weeks which is mainly motorway and would like something that is safe and comfortable.

I rented an EV but it's just not up to the job of doing lots of motorway miles (range is poor and charging it was a complete pain in the a**) so I'm hoping that this will be a good comfy cruiser...

So as a complete newbie to this (and someone who is not very mechanically minded) if it were your car what modifications (if any would you make)?

Would a remap be sensible?

What sort of tyres are recommended for this car - it's almost certainly going to come with a set of 'basic' boots on it so should I change them for something else?

Is the 2008 Sat Nav going to be cr*p and can it be brought up to date or should I buy a third party unit (TOM TOM etc)?

Should I have it serviced straight away? (I would at least like someone who knows their way around these cars to have a look to make sure that it's ok and point out anything that I should get sorted)

Where would be a good place in Kent / Sussex to take it?

Sorry for all of the questions but I think that this could be a great motorway mile muncher and I would like to get it sorted so its mechanically sound and handles as well as a big estate can reasonably handle...
I certainly would not modify it.
The gear box fluid change would be a good idea and other than that routine servicing is probably order of the day.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post: