View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2022, 08:13   #3
Familyman 90
The Brit Brick

I have exactly that model, same year.

You probably won't want a remap. The 185 motor is quite punchy in the V70. Not surprising, as the V70 is nearly half a tonne lighter than the XC90.

I've just re-shod mine in Good Year Eagle F1 asymetric. They've been on less than a week and seem to suit the car well. Not tried them in the rain yet, but reviews suggest they're very good in the wet.

I've updated the satnav to 2018 maps, the latest I could find. The interface is clunky and awkward to use, its easier if the remote control hasn't gone missing and you dont need to use the steering wheel controls. However, program in your frequent destinations and they then become straightforward to select next time. Once you have told it what to do then it does function very well and actually navigates as well as anyrhing else, but if you're going to 5 new locations daily the programming will become tiresome.

You shouldn't need to service it off the bat if you get one with an appropriate history, but theres no reason why not to if you want to set your own baseline. Not my part of the world I'm afraid so can't advise on a garage.

I managed to bag mine for £2700 after some negotiation, whcih I thought was good for a 58k mile one owner car. The old boy was giving up driving after a very light front end tap - no real damage done, the bumper flexed enough to pop some plastic rivets that I've already replace - and he wanted it gone, so I was just right place at the right time with that one.