View Single Post
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 17:52   #285
eaglesally
eaglesally

Default Four V70R's in all so far and looking for another

I've had four of the classic V70R models. The first was a 1999 V reg AWD 7-seater in silver, sadly written off many years ago.

I replaced this with a 1999 7-seater in Black but this wasn't the AWD and I found that I needed it so sold the black one - with a brand new engine! This came about after a badger took out my oil line in the countryside at 1am and I wrecked the old engine trying to limp it to a less isolated area; fortunately the insurance company sorted it out.

I bought an unusual W reg Laser Blue AWD (manufactured in 1999 but belonged to someone in the military who registered it in 2000 when he came back to the UK). I transferred the extra seat from the black one, so 7 seats again and I absolutely loved this car ... until my husband managed to pour an entire latte coffee into the dashboard and things started to go wrong. (He put it on the dash and turned the ignition key to listen to the radio and the sat nav popped up!) So I sold it - and came clean about the coffee. I've seen it for sale since then with no mention of the latte fiasco.

On to my current model: 1999 V reg V70R AWD in Laser Blue, again with the transferred child seat in the back. This has been a lovely car but at 195,000 miles it's starting to show its age. I go through a lot of oil, the ignition barrel needs replacing and the air conditioning isn't working. AWD is still in good order and the car runs beautifully but I'd like to sort out the things that don't work properly.

I now live on the Wirral, near Liverpool, so if anyone knows a good engineer who would like to help me get this beauty back to its former glory, please get in touch. Failing that, I'm looking to replace it with a low mileage version of the same model. I've just seen one with around 75,000 miles on the clock on Gumtree but I missed it and feel genuinely depressed about it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drivers front angle.jpg (281.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Black KOF 2.jpg (235.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Twin cars 2.JPG (348.8 KB, 12 views)
eaglesally is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eaglesally For This Useful Post: