View Single Post
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 21:39   #5
Berkshirebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dm View Post
I don't know why you wouldn't do it on a lease car. I have remapped all of my cars and motorcycles for the last 10+ years, whether owned or leased and never had any issue. I have experienced much better performance as well - and mostly better fuel economy.

I do do a lot of physical engine work to the motorcycles because I own them. But I have never had a main dealer say anything about remaps on car engines and have always had them serviced there.

I've also handed four or five cars back to the lease company in the last 10-12 years - all chipped or remapped (chip box removed of course) and never heard a dickey bird from them.

But....that does look good. Your mileage may vary of course.
I posted this on here with trepidation - in case I upset someone..

Lots of people are anti remap and will have their own views but I’m with you. Every vehicle in my household for as long as I can remember has been tuned. A good friend works for DMS and could map the car for a few drinks but I’m cautious come main dealer service time.
Tuning boxes are utter utter tosh so this SA Tuning thing seems just the job..

I’ve never believed (or experienced) the ‘increase in MPG’ that all these firms claim. You don’t get something for nothing and I tend to always be in a hurry!

Very tempted...