View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2020, 15:57   #3
Shah

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
Front and rear parking sensors. Do ALL R-Design and Inscription come with these?

(Info from a 2018 Volvo Price List)

Rear park assist was standard across all S60s. Inscription added front park assist. No standard front sensors on R-Design - it was an added cost option.

I know they all have the lane assist thing but do they have BLISS as Standard?

No, BLIS has never been standard, it's always a costed option as part of the Intellisafe Surround Pack.

Self-parking, or automatic parking in Volvo parlance again has never been standard. It's part of the Xenium Pack which includes the panoramic sunroof and the 360 degree camera (for me the one MUST HAVE).

FWIW I'm not a huge fan of automatic parking. It's a clever, if somewhat unnerving, party trick which I have used the grand total of twice in seven years. It works but there's a list of caveats and it's a bit slow in practice - fine in a quiet car park, not so good with a stream of traffic behind you.
Thank you for your insight. Why is the 360 degree camera a must have..? For parking..? I think i am more going towards inscription but hard to get a second hand one with the Xenium pack within my budget and also mileage.

Would you go for R-design or Inscription..?

Other car options include a Mercedes CLA 2019 with aim to buying in a few years or Jaguar XE.. but other than Mercedes there is something about the volvo i like. already have a xc60 for wife and currently drive a audi A3.

Is there much difference between the 2017 s90's and say the 2018/19 ones in terms of features..?
Shah is offline   Reply With Quote