View Single Post
Old Oct 9th, 2018, 21:05   #17
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalith16 View Post
Need some help.

Today I took my car to get it fitted with smartphone integration at the dealers. The lead technician had verbally confirmed the software has been installed along with the 2nd USB. I can see the 2nd USB in the center console. However, upon connecting my iphone X I couldn’t get the carplay to work. As per Volvo’s how-to video, siri is enabled on my iphone and I followed all other instructions but to no avail.

I can’t even see the green Apple CarPlay icon in the app view screen of the center display. I am not sure If I am missing something here!! Wondering if the green carplay icon should be visible all the time in the app view screen even when the phone isn’t connected.
Just been out to the garage to check mine.
The “CarPlay” icon only becomes Green when either my iPhone or iTouch are plugged into the 2nd USB socket indicated by the White NBox around the actual socket. The instant the cable is pulled out the Green icon goes back to inactive grey.
I presume you have set the iPhone up correctly and can see the applicable CarPlay apps on your iPhone under Settings/General/CarPlay/My Volvo Car?
If yours does