View Single Post
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 14:38   #10
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default Code reader

The local OBD2 wizard has retired defeated by the cunning of the Volvo system. All he could read was about the airbag.

I have ordered the parts to make a Volvo Code reader. Some of the bits elsewhere listed here are not consistent from thread to thread, so when they get here and I make them fit together I will put up a corrected list.

In particular the Pang OBD2 connector previously suggested is out of stock. There is a different one with a right angle entry that I have ordered.

Maplins no longer do a 1.8k resistor - funny that I'm sure it's a preferred value - so I've ordered a 1.5k one. I am not sure if it is necessary - one set of parts includes it, the other not, and text suggests it can be omitted. Watch this space. We'll try first with the 1.5k in circuit to be on the safe side and only remove it if there is no joy with it in.

One list suggests a 2-way toggle switch - fine and dandy if you only want to read two sets of codes - so I ahve got a rotary switch. The only single pole rotary switch that Maplins do is now 12 way so I expect some VERY fiddly wiring.
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote