View Single Post
Old Jul 24th, 2017, 19:24   #7
andrewpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_56 View Post
If they really wanted to offer genuine enticements to existing customers, or carefully chosen 'probables', they could do a lot worse than Saab around 1999/2000.

...A 24 hour test drive. Car delivered to my home on a Friday afternoon unlimited mileage for 24 hours, full fuel tank thrown in. Next day the guy called at my door to collect the keys and off he drove without any discussion at all and no further follow up. I don't even know which dealership supplied it.

I guess they were just confident that I was a likely prospect. And they were right, I ordered one a few months later (having agreed a sensible discount of course).
when I was in company cars fleet dealers would be all over us for tests. we were only a small firm (50+) people), but would often have 3 cars parked outside for a week for anyone to take out.
Had an Audi A6 Quattro for a weekend.
I was on my 3rd Saab and they gave me a 2.3 Aero HOT estate for 3 days, including a drive from Milton Keynes to Chester for a sales visit.
And, of COURSE I ordered one. Same colour. Even paid extra for the roof spoiler...happy days.