View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2019, 09:43   #5
black t top

Hi guys, thanks for the replies!

Mark, no probs, I'll drop you a message when we eventually find a replacement, we're in Dumbarton, just outside Glasgow, so not far from you in Lenzie!

Atco, appreciate the offer, but I'm wanting one that's not needing anything major done to it, we've just spent over £1,000 on our 940 having the suspension replaced, full service and the autobox fluids done, plus the waterpump and brakes done, so it's a well sorted car, looking for the same for whatever we buy.

Classicswede, Oh you are quite right, she wont be big enough to go in the front just yet, but my sister in laws kids can and it gives us more flexibility. Also, whoever ordered our 940, went for the best engine, with an autobox and the heavy duty suspension, also ordered a dog guard, load cover and boot tray, but basically didn't tick any other options, so wind up windows all round, no a/c, basic cloth trim ect.....which is odd for a late car. Anyway, my wife would like the power windows ect and if I'm going to get another one, may as well be the 960 so its got the airbags for the future.

I've had 940's and 760's for over 15yrs now, my wife laughed at my old 940 as she had a Punto before we got married and now she only wants to drive 900 estates, shes been converted!

So yeah, a V90 would be ideal for us.....if we can find a good one! Seen a few on Ebay but either the mileage is getting up there (I know they can do it, but not really wanting to start at over 150K for a car we plan to keep forever). There's a nice burgundy one on Ebay just now, with apparently 55K miles, but when you mot check it online its actually got almost 120K on it, so a bit suspicious as I'd have to buy it blind and have it delivered.
black t top is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to black t top For This Useful Post: