View Single Post
Old Jun 19th, 2019, 18:26   #21
maxPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Out of interest, did you test the seat in the breakers/junk yard before removing it? I'm wondering if that was part of the reason it was in there. Not sure about the laws where you live but here in the UK we have to have an MoT each year which is a safety test for want of a better expression. If the drivers seat can't be adjusted so the driver can reach the pedals etc then it's a fail point. It's possible if a similar rule exists where you are that this is why the car was in the yard and you struck unlucky with it.

That aside, the symptoms you suggest point to a fault in the ECU - the big flat box underneath the seat. If you (or someone you know) knows about electronics, it might pay to have a look inside for dry joints.

Just read your latest post about going for another seat - that might be the answer. If it works, you can swap the cushions and/or covers to get the colour scheme you want/need so colour isn't important.

I didn't bring a battery to test it. I'm learning

I will look at the ECU again before starting the job of tearing down / swapping parts to the manual seat. I am leaning, however, to just going ahead and going straight manual if the parts are swappable.

I'd like to swap:

1. Full seat back from the powered to the manual, as the lumbar in the manual I have is faulty and I'll need to swap the foam and cover anyway. (can I convert the power driven seat back position to using the handle?)

2. Move the foam and leather from the power seat bottom to the manual seat bottom.

3. I will test the heater in the seat bottom and probably just leave the heater cables and springs there. They look decent.
maxPower is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maxPower For This Useful Post: